Help Improving Your Internet Speed
So since you're here, you're probably having issues with your internet speed. Pages won't load fast enough, or your Netflix and YouTube videos keep buffering. The struggle of slow internet can drive anyone a little nuts. Check out our tips below and see if any of them help you out.
- First step. Try rebooting your router and modem. Usually there are power switches, if not, unplug them and wait about a minute before turning them back on.
- It might be helpful to restart your computer or device using the internet too. If you have any updates pending, let them install. Believe it or not sometimes that can alter your devices speed.
- Move your router closer to the devices using WiFi. That way your signal won't bounce around or have a poor of a connection. It's also recommended to keep your modem at least 5 feet off the ground.
- Avoid interference. Items like fish tanks, microwaves, radios, etc., are bad for signal. Make sure you keep them at a pretty far distance to help.
- Don't over use your device. A lot of people don't know it, but most internet providers, and WiFi routers don't give a lot of support to multiple devices and heavy use on your internet. Upgrading for such accounts can be pretty costly too. So if you have a standard package, you probably won't be able to support online gaming, Netflix, and face timing all at once without experience buffering and lag.
So there are a few tips to help out. And if you have any questions, or need some recommendations on upgrading your modem/router, don't' hesitate to contact us. We'd be glad to help you out.